Bright & Dark Field SEM STEM Detector
A retractable PN diode semiconductor STEM detector configured with four Dark Field (DF) diodes wired as two pairs and a single Bright Field (BF) diode. The system may be operated in BF mode, DF mode or DF Phase Contrast mode along with mixing between segments, DF+BF for example.
Twelve 3mm grids can be fitted to the standard STEM grid holder, allowing multiple specimen analysis. A retractable arm complete with Deben Gen5 electronics allows the STEM Detector to be used with any SEM with a free chamber port and AUX video input. The 12 position grid holder is airlock compatible and supplied complete with stage dovetail/sledge as required.
The STEM detector assembly uses a single Bright Field and 4 element Dark Field diode. Such is the performance of this design that it has proved equally successful fitted to both FEG and Tungsten SEMs. The STEM detector assembly inserts below the grid holder and has X,Y, Z position adjustment. Dark field diodes are configured so they can operate in full Dark Field or Dark Field Phase Contrast mode.
Deben Gen5 electronics is configured with four input channels and a single video output channel (optional two or three simultaneous video outputs).
The unrivalled scope of adjustability available to the operator then permits highly optimised images to be taken.
- Single bright field and four element dark field diode
- Imaging modes: Bright Field, Dark Field, Dark Field Phase Contrast or Mixed signal
- 8,000,000 to 1 amplification
- Unique image FIND feature
- Highly repeatable
- Multiple parameters for image optimisation
- One output channel (optional three)
- AUX video input required on SEM for synchronised video replay
- TV rate imaging with good quality
- PC control (compatible with Windows XP/7.0 Professional 32/64bit)RS232 or USB connectivity
- OEM versions available (including DLL library for software integration)
The motorised arm provides three positions; inserted, park (semi-retracted), as well as fully retracted. Alignment of the detector positions is normally better than 20µm. Control is via software or optional keypad, motorisation is particularly useful when the detector is mounted in an inconvenient position such as to the rear of the column, or when used in a hazardous environment such as a ”hot cell”.
- Precision Detector Alignment, <20µm
- Three Positions
- Simple computer control