Deben UK Limited, current vacancies updated June 2018
All positions are based at our Woolpit, Bury St. Edmunds headquarters:
Working alongside our expanding test team within the production department. Day to day tasks will include: testing electromechanical modules and systems before products are despatched to our customers – for example vacuum practices and materials testing. It is essential that you have some familiarity with electronic components and the functionality of these within a circuit. Attention to detail and fault finding/problem solving skills are essential. Experience within electronic manufacturing, electron microscopy, video processing and the test areas mentioned would be advantageous.
- The building, testing and repairing of electromechanical sub-assemblies and full systems
- Working with excellent attention to detail
- Ensuring that all systems meet the required specifications and quality standards at all times
- The methodical and accurate creation of test procedures and reports
Mechanical Design Engineer
To be responsible for the design and development of new products and to provide support for existing products. Working within a team of Electronic and Mechanical engineers the position will involve all areas of the product life cycle from initial conception to end of life. Including design, building of prototypes, relevant documentation, and control of obsolescence and design assurance.
- Detailed knowledge of recent 3D CAD package
- Experience of designing mechanical assemblies to tight tolerances
- Hands on approach
- Good communicator, ability to work on his/her own as well as part of the team
- Knowledge of SEM/vacuum applications
- Mechanical or Electro-mechanical background
- Experience of MRP, creating BOMs etc.
This role is part of our production team and will involve everything from planning staff workloads to overseeing the assembly and test of electromechanical systems. Daily tasks will include: the overall supervision of the production department (alongside the Production Manager) as well as monitoring stock, purchase orders and the MRP system to ensure that a high quality of service & on-time delivery is maintained.
- Working alongside purchasing and stores teams to monitor the ordering and delivery of components
- Working with the engineering team to ensure production and testing are carried out efficiently, in line with existing expectations and procedures
- Meticulously planning the workloads of production and test engineers, to ensure the highest possible rate of on-time delivery
- Careful supervision of assembly and test staff, ensuring they maintain motivation and attention to detail, whilst ensuring that they have all resources necessary to complete assigned tasks
- Maintain accurate, timely communication between the engineering and production team
- Work with the engineering team to manage procedures and record changes as needed
Please apply in writing to:
The Personnel Manager
Deben UK Limited,
Brickfields Business Park,
Bury St Edmunds,
Suffolk IP30 9QS.
We are an equal opportunities employer, offer competitive salaries, many benefits and excellent working conditions.