HAADF Annular SEM STEM detector
High Angle Annular Dark Field (HAADF) Scanning Transmission Electron Microscopy (STEM) is a very powerful technique to provide direct information on a local chemistry of nano-materials at atomic scale. Using the retrofit Deben Annular STEM, SEM users can acquire HAADF transmitted electron images for a fraction of the cost of a dedicated Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM) with HAADF detector fitted.
Twelve 3mm grids can be fitted to the STEM grid holder, allowing multiple specimen analysis. A retractable arm complete with Deben Gen5 electronics allows the STEM Detector to be used with any SEM with a suitable free chamber port and AUX video input. The 12 position grid holder is airlock compatible and is supplied complete with a stage dovetail/sledge as required.
- Low kV DF operation (1kV to 30kV)
- Bright field, LAADF, MAADF & HAADF detector segments
- Three simultaneous video outputs, eg. LAADF, MAADF & HAADF
- Resolution close to that of the SEM (in SE mode)
- 12 position 3.05mm grid holder
- High speed TV rate imaging
- Motorised insertion & retraction
- PC controlled with USB interface
The motorised arm provides three positions; inserted, park (semi-retracted), as well as fully retracted. Alignment of the detector positions is normally better than 20µm. Control is via software or keypad, motorisation is particularly useful when the detector is mounted in an inconvenient position such as to the rear of the column, or when used in a hazardous environment such as a ”hot cell”.
- Precision Detector Alignment, <20µm
- Three Positions
- Simple computer control